The first building visitors come to on the historic South Street campus is Johnson Hall, named in honor of the founder of the Institute, Joseph H. Johnson. This two story building houses the principal's office and most of the high school classrooms. Next is Manning Hall, built in 1850 and the original home of the school. Now Manning Hall is home to administrative offices for AIDB and the AIDB Foundation, the AIDB archives and the Warren Museum.
The cafeteria and school library are close to the Student Center located in the heart of the campus. Inside the Student Center is the school store and the school bank, called the Trading Post. Students open accounts, just like at a regular bank, and learn how to keep up a bank account and manage their money. The school store sells t-shirts, school supplies and school uniforms too. All the students wear uniforms during school hours. The Student Center has the Warrior Grill, our snack bar, an arcade room, the post office and a tv pit with a wide screen, closed-caption tv. The gymnasium and pool are in an adjacent building.
The Dowling Building houses Health and Clinical Services for all the Talladega campuses. Grace Hall and the Jemison House are honor dorms and independent living facility for high school students. Eight other dormitories are staffed with houseparents and residential aides to create a nurturing homelike environment for students.
On the southern end of the campus is the Woods Center for Excellence in Language Arts and the Kiwanis Memorial Athletic Field, home to many victories of the ASD Silent Warriors football and track teams. The entire campus is filled with large old trees, several playgrounds and covered walkways connecting many of the dorms with academic buildings.