Services for Individuals who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Deaf. Blind. Limitless.
Limitations live only in the mind. At AIDB, we believe in each and every individual’s full potential. If they can dream it, they can achieve it.
The Case Manager makes appropriate referrals to state and local agencies to ensure services are provided based on that consumer’s individual needs. Services begin at age three and span over a lifetime.
Case Managers assist consumers with completing forms and applications, locating appropriate housing, and advocating for consumer rights in the area of deafness and hearing loss.
The Case Manager counsels consumers on how to find assistive devices and resources in the community to help them live more independently.
The Case Manager helps consumers determine which assistive devices and applications (apps) will meet their needs at home or at work and can provide training as needed.
Public Awareness Presentations
The Case Manager can give customized presentations at schools, churches, community agencies, police departments, hospitals, nursing homes, funeral homes, and businesses. Presentations can be given on the following topics and more:
- Deaf Culture
- Technology and Assistive Devices
- Accessible Church Services for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
- The Americans with Disabilities Act and how it impacts community agencies, hospitals, employers and schools
- Communicating with Individuals who are Deaf or DeafBlind
- Improving the workplace environment for employees with hearing loss