R-3951 Substitute Teacher Aide & Dorm Aide - Revised
Revised & Re-Advertised
Posting Date September 7, 2018
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
Position: Substitute Teacher Aide, Substitute Dorm Aide
Alabama School for the Blind
Alabama School for the Deaf
Helen Keller School
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be physically able to perform job
- Must follow all AIDB policies and procedures and state and federal laws
- Must remain awake and alert at all times
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Must be able to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
- Must have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $46.90 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
Alabama School for the Deaf (ASD) Teacher Position will require a sign language proficiency minimum entry level of Survival Plus according to the AIDB evaluation system.
POSITION REQUIRMENTS AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs duties in the absence of full time AIDB staff as required for position including, but not limited to the following:
Substitute Teacher Aide – Academic Support Position:
- Must be able and will be expected to physically assist assigned wheelchair or physically disadvantaged students as their needs dictate, including the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds frequently during work shift and to lift more than fifty pounds with assistance or use of an assistive device.
- Must work cooperatively with other school personnel to serve students.
- Assumes responsibility for assisting in classroom when AIDB staff member is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
Substitute Dorm Aide – Residential Support Position:
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including morning, evening, night and/or weekend as necessary.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds frequently during work shift and lift more than fifty pounds with assistance or use of assistive device.
- Assumes responsibility for residential program responsibilities when dorm aide is absent.
- Other duties as assigned.
PAYROLL: $7.89 hourly rate S1 Rank HS Scale
Payroll Schedule – Monthly
Direct Deposit Required
Deadline for Application: September 30, 2019