R-3953 Substitute Teacher- Revised
Revised & Re-Advertised
Posting Date: September 10, 2018
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
Position: Substitute Teacher
Alabama School for the Blind
Alabama School for the Deaf
Helen Keller School
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be physically able to perform job
- Must follow all AIDB policies and procedures and state and federal laws
- Must remain awake and alert at all times
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Must be able to handle emergency situations in a calm manner
- Must have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $46.90 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
Alabama School for the Deaf (ASD) Teacher Position will require a sign language proficiency minimum entry level of Survival Plus according to the AIDB evaluation system.
POSITION REQUIRMENTS AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs duties in the absence of full time AIDB staff as required for position including, but not limited to the following:
- Assumes the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent.
- Assumes other responsibilities for that teacher during the time the teacher is absent.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and other activities.
- Must have an Alabama Teaching Certificate or Alabama Substitute License.
- Other duties as assigned.
Payroll: $8.11 Alabama Substitute License
$10.09 Alabama Teacher Certification or AIDB Retired Teacher with a Substitute
Payroll Schedule – Monthly
Direct Deposit Required
Deadline for Application: September 30, 2019
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.