R-3954 Substitute Nurse - Revised
Revised & Re-Advertised
R- 3954 Reference #3170453556
Posting Date September 10, 2018
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Substitute Nurse
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
- Current licensure by the Alabama State Board of Nursing.
- Graduate for an approved School of Nursing.
- School nurse experienced desired.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include working first shift, second shift, third shift and weekends.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $46.90 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Performs duties in the absence of a full time AIDB staff as required as position including, but not limited to the following:
- Assumes general nursing responsibilities in a professional manner as it relates to physical assessments, emergency treatment, administration of medications, and medical/surgical nursing care to students/clients as needed.
- Records daily activities according to accepted codes, maintains clinical data, and patient records on individual students/clients.
- Communicates with various agencies, parents, doctors and/or individuals as necessary to meet the medical needs of students/clients.
- Teaches self-care skills to students/clients as it relates to diagnosis, medications, diet, exercise, etc.
- Demonstrates a willingness to achieve total communication skills at the appropriate level.
- Assist in clinics as needed.
- Nurse will be expected to walk on campus during their shift to care students in different dormitories.
- Accompanies and/or transports students/clients as necessary to various clinics, doctor’s offices, hospital(s), etc. Must be willing to provide own transportation.
- Perform general nursing duties as needed to provide quality health care and promote the well being of students/clients.
- Other duties as assigned
PAYROLL: $23.48 hourly rate S1 Rank HS Scale RN
$15.64 hourly rate S1 Rank HS Scale LPN
Payroll Schedule – Monthly
Direct Deposit Required
Deadline for Application: September 30, 2019
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.