R-3992 Case Manager for the Blind Office of Field Services/Dothan Regional Center
R-3992 Reference # 6860052
Posting Date: November 28, 2018
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Case Manager for the Blind
Office of Field Services/Dothan Regional Center
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, Social Work, Human Services, Education or Rehabilitation Studie
- Must have at least one (1) year experience working with people who are Blind and/or Visually
- Must have or obtain a Braille Proficiency Score of 90% within the first thirty (30) months of
· A sign language proficiency level according to AIDB evaluation system may be required. A level of SURVIVAL obtained within the first 12 months of employment and SURVIVAL PLUS within the first 30 months of employment.
- Must demonstrate effective communication
- Must have knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to people who are Blind, Visually Impaired and DeafBlind.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Rehabilitation
- Must possess knowledge and/or experience with assistive technology for individuals who are Blind, Visually Impaired and
- Must demonstrate knowledge of state, national, and local resources available for Blind, Visually Impaired and DeafBlind
- Must have knowledge of computers/data
Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $46.90 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Provide regularly-scheduled appointments for clients, families and agency personnel as needed within the Dothan Regional Center service-area.
- Contact agencies and businesses for individual clients on an as-needed basis.
- Provide assistive technology demonstrations, training and technical assistance to Blind, Visually Impaired and DeafBlind consumers.
- Must collaborate with state and community agencies to ensure Blind, Visually Impaired and DeafBlind consumers reach their maximum
- Submit required paperwork in a timely manner to the Regional Center Secretary and Regional Director.
- Plan and participate in community education programs such as training sessions, university classes, workshops and conferences related to Blindness.
- Assist consumers with independent living
- Function as the referral and resource person for clients, agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrate professional conduct by compliance with Alabama Ethics Law.
- Develop and coordinate programs and services for Blind, Visually Impaired and DeafBlind consumers as
- Maintain accurate records (including data entry) and submit monthly reports requeste
- Stay current with issues affecting the Blind community.
- Promote positive communication between Regional Center and Blind, Visually Impaired and DeafBlind
- Work as an effective team member of the Dothan Regional Center.
- Function as a liaison and advocate for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Serve on state local and national boards, advisory committees, advisory councils, professional organizations, etc., with Regional Director's
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director
SALARY: $42,325 - $63,664 P1 Scale 53 Rank
Direct deposit is required
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 5, 2018
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.