R-4006 BSC Purchasing Tech - Robins AFB Base Supply
R-4006 Reference# 219675054
Posting Date: December 12, 2018 2018
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: BSC Purchasing Technician - Robins AFB Base Supply Center and Individual Equipment Element, Warner Robins, Georgia
Alabama Industries for the Blind
- Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess specific purchasing experience as it relates to industrial manufacturing and/or retail operations preferred with general office experience or training.
- Must display ability to gain knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR and DFAR) and the Master Solicitation as cited in AIB government contracts.
- Must be able to read, understand, and order materials defined in contracts and agreements, particularly government contracts, orders, modifications, exceptions, amendments, waivers, and summaries.
- Must possess ability to gain knowledge of Alabama state laws in relation to AIDB/AIB purchasing procedures.
- Must possess general knowledge of office equipment and machines.
- Must possess basic computer training and working experience using office and inventory control computer applications.
- Must be able to deal pleasantly and courteously with vendors, customers, and co-workers by telephone, written correspondence, and in person.
- Must demonstrate effective leadership, management abilities, and possess high organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate good attendance record.
- To purchase materials, supplies, items for resale, equipment and other such goods and services as required in support of Base Supply Center operations.
- To research and develop vendor relationships as related to Base Supply Center
- To assist in the development and maintenance of a system for securing products for Alabama Industries for the Blind through established buying guidelines.
- To develop and maintain, a database of purchased material and provide information to customers and co-workers when necessary.
- To develop and maintain a database of vendors to include price quotations, dates, quantities and price schedules of items purchased.
- To generate required number of quotes for customers by regulation.
- To establish minimum and maximum purchasing levels of each item purchased.
- To negotiate vendor warehousing, price reductions, an3other cost saving measures.
- To competitively shop all purchases through available sources so as to provide AIB with maximum potential for profitability within Base Supply Center
- To maintain compliance with all AIB, Federal, and State purchasing policies and procedures.
- To act upon customer requests and re-supply stock on shelves in a timely manner.
- To generate procurement package and any supplemental documentation, to include the purchase order requisitions, and forward to management for approval.
- To request and provide status on required items, to customer and BSC manager at all times.
- To aggressively follow-up on delinquent shipments.
- Maintain records for budgeting purposes.
- To assume responsibilities of the Store Manager in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $16.09 - $19.18 Scale C5 Rank 39
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 19, 2018
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.