R-3776 Job Developer -Mobile Re-Advertised
R-3776 Reference #114020051
Posting Date: January 16, 2019
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Low Vision and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees that do not impose undue hardship and are not essential functions of the job.
POSITION: Job Developer for Deaf and/or Blind
E.H. Gentry Facility
(Based in Mobile Regional Center)
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent and five years of successful work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation, Education, Human Services, Human Resources, Business, Marketing, or a related field will substitute for the 5 years of work experience.
- Experience working with individuals who are blind, low vision, deaf, hard of hearing, or deafblind is desired.
- Experience as a job coach, job trainer or job developer or teacher is desired.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis to outlying rural areas.
- Must have access to a safe and properly insured automobile and provide proof of comprehensive automobile insurance.
- May be required to have a current Alabama Driver’s License and be able to be covered by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must complete Orientation to Blindness within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must pass a Braille proficiency test within the first 30 months of employment with a score of at least 80 percent.
- Sign language proficiency of INTERMEDIATE PLUS is desired. **
- Must have a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system within twelve (12) months and obtain INTERMEDIATE PLUS in thirty (30) months. **
Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
** Accommodations can be considered for applicants who are Blind where signing requirements prove to be a barrier towards employment.
- Work cooperatively with ADRS counselors and Business Relations Consultants to enhance service provision.
- Gather and review existing formal and informal assessment/evaluation information.
- Maintain current documentation (daily attendance, monthly progress reports, etc.) in participant files and Gentry Resource Information Network (GRIN) regarding services and progress.
- Assist consumers with registering at local one stop career centers.
- Conduct situational assessments of consumers in real work settings to gather pertinent information (e.g., job choice/preference, work strengths, response to instruction/training methods, job accommodation needs, job modification needs, extended support needs, response to coworkers, endurance, speed, etc.)
- Facilitate technical support in modifying and/or adapting work stations, job duties or initially performing portions of consumer’s work to minimize job communication barriers and maximize job success.
- Develop and maintain employer relationships to facilitate training and employment opportunities for consumers.
- Set up on-the-job training, provide job coaching and assist with transition to the work setting for consumers.
- Provide appropriate instruction to enhance employment success.
- Systematically fade from job-site assistance and presence.
- Refer to other AIDB outreach services as needed.
- Maintain records for tracking employment services according to CARF Accreditation requirements.
- Assist consumers with timesheets and submit payroll in a timely manner for Paid Work Experience.
- Maintain google calendar of scheduled appointments and share with supervisor.
- Relate in a positive manner with individuals who are deaf, blind or deafblind, community and disability-related groups and organizations.
- Attend workshops, conferences and other staff development activities.
- Follow AIDB and EH Gentry policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $16.70 - $20.91 per hour Rank C5 Scale 43
Direct Deposit is required
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.