R-3867 Alabama Telecommunications Access Program(ATAP) Clerk Part Time Shoals Regional Center -Re-Advertised
R-3867 Reference #126142052
Posting Date: February 12, 2019
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Alabama Telecommunications Access Program (ATAP) Clerk -
Part Time (19 Hours per week)
Office of Field Services – Shoals Regional Center
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the ability to utilize a computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, Excel, data record keeping, inventory, and other computer functions.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must obtain a sign language proficiency level SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system within the first 30 months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Prepare ATAP fliers, notices, appointment cards, etc.
- Provide presentations and training to agencies, support groups and individuals.
- Attend Health Fairs, Senior Citizen Events, and other events to advertise ATAP.
- Assist with daily requests and processing of ATAP equipment and applications.
- Provide appropriate monthly reports in accordance with ATAP grant contract obligations.
- Keep accurate computer data and files on ATAP devices supplied to consumers.
- Supply Regional Centers with ATAP equipment.
- Collaborate with ATAP Clerk and Regional Center Representatives.
- Maintain ATAP Budget.
- Anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
SALARY: $12.75 - $14.84 Scale C5 Rank 29
(Part Time – 19 per week)
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.