R-4035 Vocational Evaluator- Services for the Blind EH Gentry-Re- Advertised
R-4035 Reference #114025056
Posting Date: February 27, 2019
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Vocational Evaluator – Services for the Blind
E.H. Gentry Facility
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Vocational Evaluation, Rehabilitation Services, Rehabilitation Counseling, or Rehabilitation and Disability Studies.
- CVE or CRC certification required, or attainable within 30 months.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience working with individuals who have disabilities, primarily working with blind and low-vision individuals.
- Must provide a sample vocational evaluation report completed by the applicant in addition to the writing summary.
- Ability to write concise and comprehensive vocational evaluation reports.
- Knowledge of assistive technology, CCTVs, screen magnifiers, screen readers, Braille translation software, and OCR software preferred.
- Ability to measure academic achievement levels, aptitude, interest, physical capabilities.
- Ability to interpret results and make sound recommendations regarding vocational rehabilitation needs of the consumer.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 90% or better on the AIDB Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Extensive travel with routine overnight travel required.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Select administer and score a variety of achievement, vocational interest, and aptitude tests.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory, principles, and practices of rehabilitation counseling and interviewing techniques.
- Possess an understanding of a broad range of occupations and occupational requirements, state and regional employment market, and job analysis techniques.
- Utilize a variety of testing and evaluation systems and techniques, human behavior, applicable medical terms, and the effects of disabilities in relation to job-related activities.
- Provide situational assessments and behavioral observations of consumers.
- Modify tests to accommodate limitations imposed by the consumer’s disability.
- Synthesize data and observation reports to make recommendations essential to the rehabilitation process.
- Assimilate all information into a written report of findings and recommendations to the consumer and Rehabilitation Counselor for use in developing vocational rehabilitation goals.
- Select, administer and interpret assessment instrument and work sample results when conducting vocational evaluations.
- Express findings and recommendations with oral and written clarity.
- Participate in requirements to become a Pearson VUE certified administrator for the purpose of GED testing.
- Utilize O*NET and Career Scope interest assessment systems.
- Meet requirements to administer the ACT test.
- Administer the Career Readiness Certification test.
- Input data, attendance, and vocational evaluation plan in the Gentry Resource Information Network (GRIN).
- Develop and maintain rapport with staff and students.
- Participate in state and national meetings, workshops, presentations, conferences, and consumer groups; sharing information learned and best practice methodology to internal/external audiences.
- Participate in accreditation reviews and activities through CARF (Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities).
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
SALARY: $42,325 - $63,664 Scale P1 Rank 53
Direct deposit is required. Monthly Payroll
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.