R-4024 Regional Director Mobile Regional Center Re-advertised
R-4024 Reference #6960052
Posting Date: May 3, 2019
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Regional Director, Mobile Regional Center
Office of Field Services
- Master’s degree desired in Deaf Education, Visual Impairments, Early Childhood Special Education, Rehabilitation or a related field.
- Master’s degree must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Must have at least one year of relevant and recent experience in Educational Supervision and/or Administration or other related professional supervisory experience.
- Must have work history demonstrating excellent leadership, management and team-building skills.
- Must have work history demonstrating the ability to motivate, align efforts, set goals, delegate and monitor effectively.
- Must have a work history that demonstrates the ability to work with other AIDB units, and local, state and national organizations/agencies.
- Must have a work history that indicates program knowledge of deaf, blind, and deaf-blind issues.
- Must exhibit exceptional oral and written communication skills, including experience with public speaking and presentations.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of methodologies used to educate individuals who are deaf, blind and deaf-blind.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel overnight.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 80% or better on AIDB’s Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Must obtain a sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE according to the AIDB evaluation system within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and managing the budget and operations of the Mobile Regional Center.
- Supervise the development and coordination of specialized programs for individuals who are deaf, blind, and deafblind.
- Provide strong leadership to the staff (clerical, professional, contract, and volunteers) including direct supervision, program evaluation, guiding professional development, conducting employee appraisals, and hiring of new staff.
- Responsible for planning and implementing procedures that enable and encourage the optimum performance of the staff.
- Act as primary liaison between staff and Office of Field Services Executive Director.
- Work cooperatively with the Alabama Industries for the Blind, E.H. Gentry, campus programs, and Health & Clinical Services to better serve AIB workers, consumers and students.
- Supervise and direct Early Intervention (EI) personnel and services.
- Attend Technical Assistance meetings and serve on EI committees and subcommittees as requested by the Executive Director of Field Services.
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Executive Director of Field Services, other AIDB departments, and Early Intervention as needed.
- Review and approve all Regional Center purchase requisitions, warehouse requisitions, travel requests/reimbursements, work orders and payroll.
- Actively seek ways to educate through effective communication and positive public relations to better serve individuals who are blind, deaf and deafblind in the community.
- Work cooperatively with community agencies and their representatives to enhance community services.
- Participate in state and local consumer group activities.
- Represent Regional Centers on various state and national committees as assigned.
- Recruit community business and professional representatives to serve on the Regional Center Advisory Committee to promote public awareness of the services provided by the Center.
- Work under the supervision of the Executive Director of Field Services.
SALARY: $48,832 - $84,435 Scale A1 Rank 04
Direct deposit is required. Monthly Payroll
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.