R-4059 Director Human Resources Revised & Re-Advertised
Revised & Re-Advertised
R- 4059 Reference #702575150
Posting Date: May 3, 2019
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION TITLE: Director Human Resources
- Must possess a Masters Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Juris Doctorate Degree desired.
- SHRMC Society for Human Resource Managers (Senior Certified Professional, SHRM-SCP or Certified Professional, SHRM-CP) credential required within thirty (30) months.
- Minimum of three years successful management experience in Human Resources, preferably in education in Alabama.
- Ability to communicate well orally, in writing and with sensory impaired individuals.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws which affect human resources.
- Must possess skills and ability to communicate complex information well both orally and in writing.
- Must possess human relations skills necessary to develop rapport with employees, community, external agencies and the sensory impaired.
- Successful work experience which demonstrates ability to coordinate activities, programs and projects with other agencies peers, and consumer groups.
- Work experience which demonstrates diligence about detail and accuracy of work.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Must be able to work on multiple talks and prioritize appropriately.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Must possess good organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to use computers effectively to prepare materials, reports, etc.
- Must have demonstrated ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal professional development.
- A sign language level of INTERMEDIATE according to the AIDB evaluation system must be attained within thirty (30) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the Institute’s personnel information needs.
- Plans and directs programs for recruitment, equal employment opportunity, selection and assignment of qualified personnel, new employee orientation, performance appraisal, staff development, personnel records, benefits administration, employee assistance services, compensation and personnel services.
- Works collaboratively with Chief Financial Officer in personnel budget development.
- Supports administrators by providing human resources advice and counsel.
- Reviews recommendations to the President for employment, assignment, transfer, dismissal, promotion of personnel and certifies classifications and salaries.
- Makes annual review of salaries and classifications.
- Provides supervision for staff development activities, including annual policies and procedures training.
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Coordinates and works in cooperation with AIDB Board of Trustees, President, Executive and Administrative Staff and AIDB Legal Counsel in employee complaints and lawsuits for resolution.
- Provides support and/or supervision in investigations, developing responses, actions and preparations for litigation, complaints and grievances as directed.
- Supervises activities and maintains records necessary to comply with provisions of State and Federal Laws as they apply to personnel including, but not limited to Fair Labor Standards Act, COBRA, Students First Law, Unemployment Compensation and State Board of Adjustment Claims.
- Provides supervision for staff assigned to the Human Resources Department
- Directs the preparation of human resources information requested or required for compliance with state and federal laws.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations for personnel policies and procedures to the President in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations for submission to the Board of Trustees for adoption.
- Prepares records of personnel actions for submission to the Board of Trustees quarterly.
- Provides information regarding personnel for research, planning and requests from external agencies.
- Reports to the President projections of consequences of the application of policies and legislation to AIDB personnel.
- Participates in professional organizations or workshops to keep abreast of trends in areas of Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $64,196 - $109,093 Scale A1 Rank 03
Direct Deposit is required
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.