R-4095 Part Time General Labor Worker
R-4095 Reference #1157058
Posting Date: May 10, 2019
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Part-Time General Labor Worker
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
- High School Diploma or GED or 3 years experience in landscaping and/or construction required.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid current Alabama Drivers License and be eligible to be covered by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Ability to operate grounds maintenance equipment such as shovels, pick, broom, rake, weed eater, lawnmowers and hedge clippers.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist physical plant carpenters and MEP Workers in task assigned.
- Assist in moving of furniture and set up of tables, chairs and equipment for special events.
- General cleaning including but not limited to pressure washing, gutter cleaning and deep cleaning of tile.
- Hand demolition work.
- Grounds work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $13.29 - $15.60 per hour Scale C5 Rank 31
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please apply for this position through your local Alabama Career Center.