R-3998 Staff Development & Training Coordinator- Re-Advertised
R-3998 Reference #76702575150
Posting Date: May 15, 2019
POSITION: Staff Development & Training Coordinator
Human Resource Department – Talladega
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in education, business administration, management, human resources or a closely related field.
- Minimum of ten years experience in human resources field, administrative support or office management, preferably in education in Alabama, including but not limited to benefits administration, claims submission and resolution; communicating benefits information to employees; staff development; recruitment/employment; communicating policies and procedures to employees; occupational injuries; database setup and maintenance, etc.
- Professional Human Capital Leaders in Education Certification (pHCLE) is required within thirty (30) months.
- Must have ability to communicate complex ideas orally, in writing and with sensory impaired individuals
- Must possess knowledge of state and federal laws which affect human resources
- Must have documented work experience that demonstrates strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Must possess computer skills and knowledge of software necessary to create and maintain records and reports
- Must possess demonstrated ability to make independent judgments
- Must show evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have documented experience of ability to work effectively with individuals, groups and other organizational units to carry out departmental goals.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL is required within the first (12) months of employment. A level of INTERMEDIATE must be obtained within (30) months.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Maintain an understanding and comply with AIDB Policies and Procedures along with State & Federal Laws on employment practices.
- Become familiar with AIDB organizational structure and departmental needs for an assessment of all staff development needs within each department.
- Create a positive and professional environment in training sessions; an environment where employees feel welcome and leave with the most positive impression of AIDB programs and the HR Department.
- Develop and provide New Employee Orientation and Tour for all new employees at least twice a week as applicable.
- Develop and provide training opportunity to all AIDB Regional Centers and Alabama Industries for the Blind Base Stores to ensure that employees are receiving adequate training.
- Prepare and administer assessments for employees to be tested to measure learning and to evaluate effectiveness of training presentations and programs.
- Plan and implement complex employee development training for all programs of AIDB staff.
- Provide analysis by working collaboratively with administrative staff to identify specific staff on each campus to work with HR staff directly to remain in compliance with all AIDB Policies & Procedures.
- Collaboratively work with administrative staff on reviewing staff development needs for specialized training and develop goals to include the use of multiple means to assess training needs.
- Confers with administrative staff to gain knowledge and identify work situations requiring preventative or remedial training for employees.
- Maintain and work with Human Resources Clerk for updating staff development training records to include database systems for tracking training participation.
- Coordinate and formally work with administrative staff to provide reasonable accommodations for staff development training opportunities.
- Strategically plan for new training and development training programs.
- Develop professional handouts, notebooks and resource materials for participants attending staff development training programs.
- Develop and maintain training materials, training schedules and organize the training of all employees.
- Develop annual training programs and maintain accurate records.
- Coordinate all assessments, scheduling, and follow-up evaluation of all staff development training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
SALARY: $44,019 – $58,719 Scale PI Rank 50 (260 days)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled
Click Here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job.