R-5040 Substitute Clerical Worker
Posting Date: August 6, 2019
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials.
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Substitute Clerical Worker
WORK SCHEDULE: As needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess keyboard skills equivalent to 45 wpm. (Typing verification required)
- Must possess general knowledge of computers and software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google G-Suite including Calendar, Sheets, Docs, and Drive.
- Must possess knowledge of appropriate telephone etiquette in answering the phone.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Provide clerical support to the department as instructed by supervisor to include but not limited to typing correspondence, completing forms, faxing and/or copying documents, answering telephone, greeting visitors, maintaining the calendar and scheduling appointments, maintaining filing system, or submitting work orders for Maintenance and IT Departments.
- Must follow AIDB Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $7.89 hourly rate S1 HS
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.,
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 30, 2019
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.