R-5054 Part-Time Tutor-Alabama School for the Blind
R-5054 Reference# 311014551
Posting Date: August 28, 2019
We receive our applications through the Alabama Career Center System. Please review position requirements below for minimum qualifications. Visit your local State Career Center or contact via phone 256-480-2109 or fax 256-362-7219 for instructions and application materials
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations
POSITION: Part-Time Tutor
Alabama School for the Blind
JOB DESCRIPTION: To tutor students who need additional help with homework and enrichment educational activities across the curriculum.
- Preference will be given to persons with educational degree and experience.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to provide instruction on specific subject to be tutored.
- Must have experience interacting with children.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with teachers, administrators, students, and parents.
- Must be able to respond effectively and positively to feedback.
- Must have knowledge of computers and instructional technology.
- The successful applicant must submit to a criminal history background information check including, but not limited to FBI and ABI record repositories. Upon offer of employment, the applicant must present a non-refundable fee of $49.65 and appear for scheduled fingerprinting appointment.
- Provide tutorial services for individual students.
- Reinforce goals and objectives as noted in student’s IEP.
- Enforce standards for behavior and provide disciplinary measures according to the standards set by school policy.
- Maintain accurate records and reports for tutorial sessions.
- Use instructional computer hardware and software to enhance tutorial lessons as appropriate.
- Determine needs of each student and select appropriate resource materials.
- Interact with students to expand their understanding of academic subjects across curriculum areas.
- Coordinate schedule with teachers and the dorm supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SALARY: $13.35 Scale S1 Rank HS
$20.01 Scale PH Rank 01 (Valid Professional Teacher Certification)
Cost of Living Adjustment 4% effective 10/1/1
Direct deposit is required.
This status of this position under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act is determined by the primary job employed. If exempt it is not subject to overtime provisions and if non-exempt it is subject to overtime.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: May 29, 2020
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.