R-5057 Early Intervention Service Coordinator / Special Instructor-Birmingham Regional Center
R- 5057 Reference# 6360052
Posting Date: September 10, 2019
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Early Intervention Service Coordinator / Special Instructor
Office of Field Services – Birmingham Regional Center
WORK SCHEDULE: 207 days
- Hold Bachelor's or Master's degree with certification in Hearing or Vision impairment.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education and complete 150 clock hours of VI or HI training in AIDB approved workshops within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in related human service fields accepted by Alabama’s Early Intervention System’s (AEIS) document, “Personnel Standards for Alabama’s Early Intervention System” AND complete AEIS Special Instruction Webinar/Special Instruction Mentorship training within the first twelve (12) months of employment AND complete 150 clock hours of VI or HI training in AIDB approved workshops within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Minimum of one year of experience desired as a Service Coordinator in the Alabama Early Intervention System.
- Meet the Personnel Standards developed by the Personnel Preparation Subcommittee of the Interagency Coordinating Council (ICC).
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to home visits.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Early Intervention Part C.
- Must complete Alabama Early Intervention System CSPD, “Journey Through Early Intervention in Alabama- Level I” (includes Targeted Case Management/Medicaid reimbursement training) and “Message ReVITALIZED: Journey II” workshops within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Must maintain necessary skills through active participation in required workshops and training.
- Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment. Suitable criteria must be confirmed by the Alabama State Department of Education prior to beginning to work.
- Maintain program compliance with Alabama’s Early Intervention System (AEIS) through the Provided Appraisal Review (PAR) process.
- Accept and process referrals in a timely manner.
- Maintain records and documentation in a timely and organized manner in compliance with AIDB and AEIS standards.
- Attend required workshops and participate in training through other sources based on identified individual and program training needs.
- Complete appropriate Medicaid training/maintain required Medicaid documentation.
- Coordinate the timely provision of Early Intervention services across agency lines.
- Serve as a team member with other staff, therapists and service providers, illustrating a commitment of providing superior service and care to the families served within AIDB and AEIS.
- Serve as the single point of contact in helping parents obtain needed services, advocating on behalf of the needs and rights of children and their families.
- Facilitate and participate in the development, review, and evaluation of the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) inclusive of Six-Month Reviews; Annual Reviews and Transition Plans.
- Coordinate planned interaction of personnel, materials and time and space that leads to achieving the outcomes on the child’s IFSP.
- Coordinate the performance of evaluations and assessments.
- Provide the family with information, skills and supports related to enhancing the child’s development of skills.
- Work with the child to enhance the child’s development.
- Plan home visits, parent workshops and play groups
- Collect data on child and parent progress; compile progress reports to determine accountability for direct/consultative instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $44,074- $61,416 Scale E3 Rank 56
Cost of Living Adjustment 4% effective 10/1/19
Annual salary is based on the days scheduled to work each academic school year.
Direct Deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 24, 2019
Click here if you would like more instructions on how to apply for this job