R-9216 Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SCPI) Interviewer/Rater (multiple positions available)-E. H. Gentry Facility – based in Talladega, AL
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: April 1, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SCPI) Interviewer/Rater (multiple positions available) E.H. Gentry Facility – based in Talladega, AL
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 30,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, 10 Regional Centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state’s largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations’ most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and serve state-wide.
As a SCPI Interviewer/Rater, you will be responsible for interviewing and rating applicants or staff according to the standards of the Sign Language Proficiency Interview. You will work cooperatively with the SCPI team to determine SCPI scores and write reports.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB’s culture of inclusion is reinforced and that students and employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the organization.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of three years working with individuals who are Deaf or DeafBlind using American Sign Language (ASL).
- Possess thorough knowledge and experience using ASL.
- Must participate in SCPI training and successfully pass the SCPI Interviewer/Rater training.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Must possess a sign language proficiency evaluation of ADVANCED PLUS upon employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year teaching ASL or working with ASL students.
- Already trained to be a SCPI Interviewer/Rater.
- As a Rater, you will be required to meet deadlines to complete interviewees’ ratings and submit to the SCPI Coordinator.
- You will collaborate with SCPI coordinator on scheduling of interviews and rating scores.
- You will collaborate and communicate with the SCPI rating team and the SCPI coordinator.
- You will interview the SCPI candidate and provide an analysis of the candidate’s sign language proficiency skill based on the rating system.
- You will watch the videos of interviews and provide your assessment based on the SCPI rating system.
SALARY: (hourly pay)
PH 01 Hourly Rate of $33.19
Direct deposit required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2022
Click Below to Apply: