R-9233 Staff Interpreter- Huntsville Regional Center
Click Below to Apply:
R-9233 Reference# 9962600525150
Posting Date: May 10, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Staff Interpreter
Huntsville Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization’s most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
The Huntsville Regional Center provides a continuum of services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. Our Staff Interpreters provide interpreting services, sign language instruction, and community education workshops and training sessions. They interpret for Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing individuals and groups in legal, business, medical, personal, and/or service delivery settings within AIDB and the community. Staff interpreters assist the Interpreter Coordinator in securing interpreting agreements with various community agencies and making presentations to various agencies and groups about deaf awareness and interpreting services. You may also assist with periodic in-service meetings and trainings, maintaining an interpreting database, scheduling, billing, and payroll.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB’s culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the company. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Possess and maintain Alabama Interpreter Licensure upon employment.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to interpreting.
- Valid driver’s license, an automobile for use on the job, and liability insurance in effect.
- One (1) year or more of formal work experience interpreting for the Deaf/DeafBlind.
- Possess a minimum entry sign language proficiency level of ADVANCED according to AIDB evaluation system (SLPI/SCPI); and ADVANCED PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Provide interpreting services and assist the Interpreter Coordinator as needed.
- Must be willing to travel on a daily basis.
- Willing and able to work flexible schedules to include holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Assist in planning and participate in all regional center activities, i.e., White Cane, Deaf Awareness, educational workshops, social/community events, and/or statewide programs.
- Enter current consumer information into a database as needed for consumer demographics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $42,734-$67,304 Scale P1 Rank IN
260 Days; Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- TRS retirement
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time offThis is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until Filled
Click Below to Apply: