R-6127 Resident Advisor- Alabama School for the Deaf - Re-Advertised & Revised
Click Below to Apply:
Re-Advertised & Revised
R -6127 Reference #3120165565320
Posting Date: May 12, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Low Vision and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees that do not impose undue hardship and are not essential functions of the job.
POSITION: Resident Advisor
Alabama School for the Deaf
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 30,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, eight regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state’s largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization’s most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day,
A Resident Advisor for the Alabama School for the Deaf (ASD) is responsible for providing the highest level of front line care for our students. Our Resident Advisors make decisions and solve problems using sound judgment, guided initiative and teamwork.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our students and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB and ASD. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude, agility, and professional maturity.
- High school diploma or GED from accrediting school or program.
- Minimum three (3) year of proven work experience.
- A sign language proficiency evaluation of SURVIVAL must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field from accredited college/university.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for school bus.
- A sign language proficiency of SURVIVAL PLUS must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment. INTERMEDIATE must be obtained within the first twenty-four (24 months of employment. INTERMEDIATE PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid training within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete and maintain medication training within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete and maintain behavior management classes within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete a Foundations in Deaf/Hard of Hearing E-learning course within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must be physically fit to assist with the physical needs of wheelchair or physically disabled students.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated experience in following verbal and written communication.
- Must be available to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Requires excellent listening skills, physical ability and stamina, such as frequent standing, walking, and lifting (50 lbs.).
- A willingness to learn and implement new programs and technology.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $14.20-$20.52 HP 40 (High School Diploma/GED)
$15.05-$21.75 HP 42 (Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field)
Direct deposit required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
- Behavior Management Certification
- CPR – every 2 years
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Using an AED
- Mandatory Reporting – DHR
- Policy and Procedure Review
- Erin’s Law
- Jason Flatt Act
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Click Below to Apply: