R-9515 Part-Time Interpreter Birmingham Regional Center -Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9515 Reference #99636005155
Posting Date: February 14, 2023
POSITION: Part-Time Interpreter-
Birmingham Regional Center
Work Schedule – as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB’s efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multidisabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located statewide with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings, and a manufacturing facility that is the state’s largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization’s most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our mission makes AIDB a unique place to work. Part-time Interpreters complete interpreting assignments in various school and community settings.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB’s culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the company. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, a positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Possess and maintain Alabama Interpreter Licensure upon employment.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to interpreting.
- Valid driver’s license, an automobile for use on the job, and liability insurance in effect.
- One (1) year or more of formal work experience interpreting for the Deaf/Deaf Blind.
- Possess a minimum entry sign language proficiency level of ADVANCED according to AIDB evaluation system (SLPI/SCPI); and ADVANCED PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Provide interpreting services for individuals and groups in various school and/or community settings.
- Complete all necessary verification forms and other records, and submit in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Willing and able to work flexible schedules to include holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $16.60 Scale PH Rank 01 ALBIT recognized Provisional Permit
$22.43 - $28.22 Scale PS Rank 02 ALBIT recognized Renewable Permit
$29.89 - $43.19 Scale PS Rank 03 ALBIT recognized License
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 29,2023
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply: