R-9537 Base Supply Center, Warehouse Clerk/Delivery Driver Anniston Army Depot Anniston, Alabama -Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB)
Click Below to Apply:
R -9537 Reference#21977505613
Posting Date: March 2, 2023
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
Blind or visually impaired candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB’s efforts to create opportunities for disabled individuals. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Base Supply Center, Warehouse Clerk/Delivery Driver Anniston Army Depot-Anniston, Alabama
Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB)
ABOUT ALABAMA INDUSTRIES FOR THE BLIND
The Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB) is one component of the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) which is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind, multi-disabled and their families.
Founded in 1929, AIB is the state’s largest employer of persons who are blind or have significant disabilities. Mattie Smith’s passion was to provide remunerative employment for ladies who were blind. Starting AIB meagerly with five donated sewing machines and five seamstresses which would sew items for homemakers, AIB experienced many products for the US Government, State and commercial customers including a contract to produce long neckties for each service branch. AIB has 275 employees and operates a 250,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Talladega, AL and a 15,000 square foot facility in Birmingham, AL. AIB also operates five Base Supply Centers in two states which are located on Redstone Arsenal, Fort Rucker, Anniston Army Depot, Robins AFB and Moody AFB.
ABOUT OUR MISSION
The Alabama Industries for the Blind’s mission is to provide meaningful employment for individuals with disabilities in areas of manufacturing and delivery of service contract.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Warehouse Clerk/Delivery Driver will be responsible for the operation of our Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB) Warehouse at the Base Supply Center.
You will play a vital role in operations of the Base Supply Center as you will be a part of the AIB team in producing high quality work. You will be required to perform your responsibilities in a manner that sets a good example for other employees to follow and demonstrate good leadership skills. Each employee should deal pleasantly and courteously with all of the AIB team to include customers, coworkers, Store Manager, Base Supply Center Coordinator, Sales & Marketing Manager and the Executive Director. You must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and deal with changes in work assignments. The work schedule may require overtime. This position reports to the Store Manager – Base Supply Center, Anniston Army Depot.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Minimum (3) three years’ work experience in shipping and/or receiving. One for one year of college in business area may be substituted for years of experience.
- Must be able to drive truck from 1 ½ tons capacity to 4 tons capacity with up to six-wheel drive.
- Must complete a criminal history background check and be able to gain access to the military base.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in a retail store environment.
- Minimum one (1) year experience operating material handling equipment.
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience on a delivery route.
- Must follow AIDB policies and procedures.
- May be required to attend conferences, in-service training and other functions.
- Must possess general knowledge of office equipment and machines including electronic cash register.
- Must possess computer skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and a Google Account.
- Responsible for organization, upkeep and cleanliness of the warehouse area.
- Maintain physical control of all inventory, materials and supplies of the warehouse for external shipping, external receiving and internal movement of goods.
- Must be physically capable of lifting, moving, carrying, and handling numerous boxes weighing up to 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment to include a forklift and pallet jacks and be responsible for unloading freight carriers and placing merchandise into proper storage areas.
- Inspection of items, reconciling shipping documents with purchasing records and maintain all required documentation with data entry of all inventory and warehouse materials.
- Responsible for resolving shipping discrepancies working with staff, accounts payable clerk and vendor.
- Maintain hazardous material records in compliance with military, federal, state and AIDB requirements.
- Assemble, sort repackage and generally prepare merchandise for placement on the shelves in the Base Supply Center and bulk sales areas.
- Must be able to drive trucks from 1 ½ to 4 tons capacity with up to six-wheel drive to pick up and transport materials, supplies and equipment to customers.
- Assist the Store Clerk with inventory, price and restock merchandise displays and shelves, change price tags on merchandise based on the price list, set up advertising signs and displays with merchandise to attract and promote sales.
- Assist customers with package purchases in bags or cartons and assist with loading into the customer vehicle.
- Assist in receiving, inspecting, labeling and preparing merchandise for shipping.
- Transport materials, supplies, and equipment to customers and obtain applicable signatures for delivered materials and supplies.
- Prepare trip and maintain accurate trip tickets, service reports and accident reports.
- Assure cargo is loaded properly arranged, secured and that the vehicle is not loaded beyond its capacity.
- Determine the best route to take to deliver the materials and supplies to avoid transportation damage.
- Assist with taking and entering physical inventories.
- Must possess or develop an understanding of cultures and needs of persons who are deaf, blind or deaf/blind, ensuring all actions and decisions demonstrate a respect for and value of persons with sensory loss.
- Must attend Disability Sensitivity Training Class within the first six (6) months of employment.
SALARY: $15.70 - $18.52 Scale IB Rank 34
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Payroll Schedule – Semi-monthly, Direct Deposit is required
Deadline for Application: March 16, 2023
AIDB Benefits Summary:
- Teachers’ Retirement System https://www.rsa-al.gov/trs/
- Supplemental Retirement Programs (RSA-1 and TIAA-CREF)
- Public Education Employees’ Health Insurance Plan https://www.rsa-al.gov/peehip/
- Term Life Insurance
- Leave Policy (Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Personal Leave & 12 Paid Holidays)
Click Below to Apply: