R-9522 Student Life Manager (207 Days) Second Shift Position Helen Keller School of Alabama -Re-Advertised
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: March 6, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB’s efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Student Life Manager (207 Days) Second Shift Position Helen Keller School of Alabama
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations’ most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day.
The Student Life Manager is responsible for developing and implementing along with other Student Life staff appropriate programs that foster social, emotional, and physical growth of residential students. The Student Life Manager will assist in developing and implementing the Extended Core Curriculum. The Student Life Manager will engage our student body and staff in fostering a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment that promotes student learning, academic success, and personal growth.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our blind and visually impaired students by teaching them to become independent. You will become a part of the miracles that happen every day at HKS by coordinating the day-to-day routines and procedures for our staff and students. You will achieve the goal of a productive and independent graduate by demonstrating flexibility, initiative, positive attitude, professional maturity and a dedicated work ethic.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Special Education, or related field.
- Must have at least two (2) years successful experience working with children with disabilities in education, rehabilitation or mental health.
- A sign language level of SURVIVAL PLUS must be attained within first twelve (12) months of employment. A sign language level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS must be attained within thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain CDL within the first twenty-four (24) months of employment.
- Must possess knowledge of federal and state statutes and laws concerning educational administration and programming, particularly as they relate to disabled individuals.
- Must be committed to the Student Life educational philosophy.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule. (Night and weekend shifts) and rotating on-call schedule.
- Must complete a Deaf-Blind/Multi-Disabilities e-Learning course within the first (12) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
- A Master Degree in Education, Special Education or related field.
- Responsible for the execution of the Student Life Program when on duty.
- Assists in scheduling, hiring, and supervising assigned Student Life staff, including calling substitutes.
- Develops/implements with other members of the Student Life staff appropriate programs that foster the social, emotional, and physical growth of residential students.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work environment.
- Participates in student staffing/conferences, including IEP conferences as assigned.
- Recommends program goals/strategies.
- Submits reports of major incidents which occur during the dormitory hours.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Provides ongoing review of overall student program to the Director.
- Assists with transportation system for all closed weekends.
- Assists with security management of campus facilities and programs as well as safety programs including conducting emergency drills.
- Provides on-call services as required.
- Determines disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Performs weekly inspection of buildings, facilities and grounds and makes recommendations to ensure these areas are safe, attractive and appropriately maintained.
- Interprets Student Life program to visitors.
- Maintain second shift payroll on AOD system.
- Conduct second shift inservice training as scheduled.
- Evaluates work of subordinate staff and conducts conferences to discuss areas of strengths and/or weaknesses; submits reports to the Director regularly.
- Other duties assigned.
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
- Behavior Management certification
- CPR – every 2 years
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Using an AED
- Mandatory Reporting – DHR
- Policy and Procedure Review
- Erin’s Law
- Jason Flatt Act
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $41,993-$55,941 Scale D3 Rank50 BS (Bachelor’s Degree)
$44,484-$59,343 Scale D3 Rank 52 MS (Master’s Degree)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime or compensatory
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
AIDB IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Click Below to Apply: