R-9282 Job Developer E. H. Gentry Facility – Decatur Regional Center -Re-Advertised
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: March 13, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB’s efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION Job Developer
E. H. Gentry Facility – Decatur Regional Center
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multidisabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state’s largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization’s most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and opening the doors to opportunity is where it all begins!
JOB DEVELOPERS are direct service providers who work with consumers referred by the Alabama Department of Rehabilitation Services. Job Developers provide job readiness, job development and job coaching services. This position will serve individuals who are Deaf, DeafBlind and Blind.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB’s culture of inclusion is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the organization. You will be part of several teams which include: The E.H. Gentry Employment team, the Regional Center team and the Vocational Rehabilitation team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation, Education, Human Services, Human Resources, Business Marketing, or a related field.
- Five years of work experience.
- Experience working with individuals who are blind, low vision, deaf, hard of hearing or deafblind.
- Experience working as a job coach, job trainer, job developer, or teacher.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis to outlying rural areas.
- Must have access to a safe and properly insured automobile and provide proof of comprehensive automobile insurance.
- May be required to have a current Alabama Driver License and be able to be covered by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must complete Orientation to Blindness within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete AIDB online training on Deafness, Blindness, Visual Impairments, DeafBlindness and Multiple Disabilities within first twelve (12) months of hire.
- Must obtain a sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system within thirty-six (36) months.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
SALARY: $46,694 - $70,236 annually Scale PI Rank 53
Direct deposit required.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Teachers Retirement System
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 27,2023
Click Below to Apply: