Jennifer Oldenburg serves as Lead Provider, Outreach Instructional Services for DeafBlind students. She also is the Outreach provider for The Alabama Initiative for Children and Youth who are Deaf-Blind. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Education from Auburn University. She also holds a Master of Science in Teacher Education with a concentration in Visual Impairment from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Prior to becoming an outreach provider Jennifer taught at the Helen Keller School of Alabama for 21 years. She started as the Speech Therapist for the Helen Keller School and the Alabama School for the Blind. She then taught in the classroom at the Helen Keller school. She has been involved with the Alabama Deaf-Blind Project since 1997 when she was the Hilton-Perkins Scholar.
SERVICES FOR OUR DEAF-BLIND:
- Observation in the classroom
- Consultation with teacher(s) and parent(s)
- Evaluation of students
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) development assistance for students we have worked with
- Attendance at IEP meetings
- Deaf-Blind Registry December 1, 2020.
- Please reach out to me with any questions.