• Student learning is the chief priority. The educational needs of students will be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the school.
• Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs. It is the responsibility of the school to recognize, respect, and nurture those unique talents by providing special services and resources as needed.
• Individual learning styles of students will be accommodated across the curriculum with a variety of instructional activities.
• Each student's preferred mode of communication and primary language will be considered when staff implements instructional approaches.
• Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the educational process and can demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills.
• Positive relationships and mutual respect between staff and students enhance the self-esteem of both.
• Students will be encouraged to pursue further training and/or education to become confident, self-directed, and lifelong learners.