Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) Application Instructions
Please review job announcement and provide all necessary documentation relating to qualifications and position requirements.
We will need the following information prior to employment with AIDB:
- Completed application
- Completed Reference Forms. (See below)
- Copy of valid Driver License (Alabama or state of residence)
- If not a citizen of the United States, proof of eligibility to work
- Copy of signed original Social Security Card (verification of application for Social Security Card will be accepted)
- Documentation verifying education, certifications, work experience, training, etc as stated in job announcement. If college degree is required official transcripts must be submitted.
- Documentation verifying sign language proficiency level if posting states entry level requirement.
- Print, complete, and mail the Alabama Dept. of Human Resources Child Abuse Central Registry Clearance Form. (Download below)
- Print, complete, and mail the Authority To Release Information Form. (Download below)
- Print, complete, and mail the Authority To Obtain and Use Information Form. (Download below) Please mail forms to: PO Box 698 Talladega, AL 35161.
Please read the following explanations prior to completing forms in application package:
AIDB Online Application:
You may access, and complete online, the AIDB online application. Press submit button after you have completed all sections of the application.
Authority To Release Information and Authority To Obtain and Use Information:
Authority to Release Information and Authority to Obtain and Use Information forms authorize AIDB to check records, references, etc. that relate to the position for which you are making application. Please note these forms require that someone witness your signature. The witness must be someone other than an immediate family member.
Alabama Department of Human Resources Child Abuse/Neglect (CA/N) Central Registry Clearance Form:
Child Abuse/Neglect Form must be completed. This is not an AIDB form; it is an Alabama Department of Human Resources form. You are required to complete all starred areas. If the form is incomplete the Department of Human Resources will not check the record and will return to AIDB. Please note this form requires that someone witness your signature. The witness must be someone other than an immediate family member.
Please ask your two most recent employers/supervisors to complete the online reference form below. If you have been with your most recent employer more than five years, fewer references may be accepted and considered. You may have additional references if you desire.
Please note deadline for application on the attached job announcement. It is important that you return application materials as soon as possible and notify your references of the necessity to return references to us as soon as possible. We will review for completed application packets five working days after application deadline. We must have complete application packets in order to forward for consideration.
To apply for this job, please CLICK HERE
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Recruitment and Employment Office
P.O. Box 698
Talladega, Alabama 35161