American Sign Language (ASL) Classes
Intro to ASL Refresher
AIDB, 600 St Clair Ave SW, Bldg 2
This accelerated 4-session class is for students interested in the basics of Deaf Culture and American Sign Language (ASL). A brief overview of the manual alphabet, numbers, and basic methods of communicating with the Deaf will be covered.
Dates of class
Monday, July 1, 6:00-7:00
Wednesday, July 3, 6:00-7:00
Monday, July 8, 6:00-7:00
Wednesday, July 10, 6:00-7:00
- Tuition: $35. No cash or credit cards. Checks or money orders only, payable to AIDB-Huntsville.
- Refund Policy: No refunds after the second night of class.
- Textbooks: No textbook is required, but internet access is helpful. We use the curriculum at www.asluniversity.com.
- Eligibility: Students may enroll at age 15. No children under age 15 permitted in the classroom.
- Special Contracts: A growing number of organizations are interested in having their staff learn sign language to improve communication with Deaf and hard of hearing employees in the workplace. Special classes, tailored to meet the organization’s needs, can be arranged at the work location. For more information, contact 256-539-7881.
To register, complete the regisrtaion form in the brochure below and return with a check or money order for $35, payable to AIDB-Huntsville. We cannot accept cash or credit cards.
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Attention: ASL Coordinator
600 Saint Clair Ave SW, Building 2
Huntsville, AL 35801