American Sign Language (ASL) Classes
American Sign Language classes are offered to the public each fall and spring. Classes are held in the evenings once a week for 12 weeks, including a week off for Spring Break or Thanksgiving break. Classes meet at Huntsville Regional Center or in a classroom at UAH. Typically, Intro to ASL, ASL I, and ASL II are offered each semester, and sometimes ASL III and IV depending on student interest.
- Tuition: $70. No cash or credit cards. Checks or money orders only, payable to AIDB-Huntsville.
- Refund Policy: No refunds after the second night of class.
- Textbooks: No textbook is required, but internet access is helpful. We use the curriculum at www.asluniversity.com.
- Eligibility: Students may enroll at age 15. No children under age 15 permitted in the classroom.
- Special Contracts: A growing number of organizations are interested in having their staff learn sign language to improve communication with Deaf and hard of hearing employees in the workplace. Special classes, tailored to meet the organization’s needs, can be arranged at the work location. For more information, contact 256-539-7881.
To register, complete the regisrtaion form in the brochure below and return with a check or money order for $70, payable to AIDB-Huntsville. We cannot accept cash or credit cards.
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Attention: ASL Coordinator
600 Saint Clair Ave SW, Building 2
Huntsville, AL 35801