Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Case Manager makes appropriate referrals to state and local agencies to ensure services are provided based on that consumer’s individual needs.
Assists consumers with filling out forms and applications, locating appropriate housing, and advocating for consumer rights in the area of deafness and loss of hearing.
The Case Manager counsels consumers on how to adapt to hearing loss and find assistive devices and resources in the community to help them live more independently.
The Case Manager helps consumers determine which assistive devices and apps will meet their needs at home or at work and can provide training as needed.
Public Awareness Presentations
The Case Manager can give customized presentations at schools, churches, community agencies, police departments, hospitals, nursing homes, funeral homes, and businesses. Presentations can be given on the following topics and more:
- Deaf culture awareness
- Technology and assistive devices
- Accessible church services for deaf and hard of hearing
- The Americans with Disabilities Act and how it impacts community agencies, hospitals, employers and schools
- Communicating with deaf or deaf/blind patients
- Improving the workplace environment for deaf and hard of hearing employees