Alabama Telecommunication Access Program (ATAP)
Do you like to talk on the telephone but get frustrated because you can't understand the conversation? Is it challenging to see the small buttons on your current home telephone or hard to see the displays? If the answer is yes, you may be interested in a telephone through the ATAP program.
The ATAP program provide individuals with a free telephone specifically designed to help with any of these difficulities. The specialized telephones are FREE to people who meet the eligibility requirements listed beow.
- Must be an Alabama resident
- Must be hard of hearing, Deaf, speech disabled or DeafBlind
- Must have a telephone landline serive/cell phone provider service
- Must meet income requirements for household
- If you meet the first three eligibility requirements above and want to know if your income meets the requirement, contact AIDB Shoals Regional Center at 256-383-3503.
How to Apply: